Even though officially Google is no longer offering free Google Apps for Business accounts, there is still a way to sign up for Google Apps and get it linked to your own domain. Just sign up for Google App Engine and add your domain to that account. You’ll get Google Apps along with it for free.
Here’s how to do this:
- Head over to Google App Engine and sign in with your Google Account
- Click “Create Application” with any date and purpose information you choose.
- Open the Dashboard, then click Application Settings.
- In Application Settings, scroll down and select “Add Domain” to add your personal domain to App Engine.
- Google should present you with a link to sign up for Google Apps here, and the option to connect it with your domain.