Shortcode Support Added to SQL Reports

I added a shortcode to my SQL Reports Plugin so you can put a report you’ve created into a Page or Post. Just use the shortcode “SQLREPORT” with the attribute “name” being the name or your desired report. Like this:
[SQLREPORT name="My Report" style="border: 2px solid #CCCCCC; padding: 6px;" /]

The below example is a Report that I make to see the effect that Google’s SSL Search has been having on my Keyword Data. I broke it down by Locale so that I could see the differences between the use of google.com as compared to the other country codes.



Found and fixed a lingering issue with the Related Posts sometimes not showing up

After a lot of reports of an intermittent issue with the Related Posts sometimes not showing up I have finally found and fixed the bug that caused it. Please download this new version 1.2.03.04 which also includes Post dates and Excerpt support. These patches and new features seem to have spawned a new wave of interest as I now have over 10,000 downloads!

Snapshot of my download stats to-date.

The odd thing about these stats is that it seems to show over 600 downloads since I uploaded version 1.2.03, which is about 6% of all downloads, yet the latest versions represented in the pie chat above are 1.2.02 and below. Anyone have any idea when and how these stats are compiled? Please comment.


I’m working on an Anti-Malware plugin for WordPress.

I haven’t posted anything this whole month because one of my servers got hacked and I’ve spent the last three week working on a new plugin to scan and remove malicious software from my server.

It wasn’t enough for me to just remove the hack. I had to make sure it wouldn’t come back and because it was such a widespread exploit I thought it would be good to release a plugin for other website admins to check their site for themselves.

I looks like my infestation of nasty scripts came in through a vulnerability in an older version of timthumb.php. Apparently any version older that 2.0 can be used to place a file on the server. If that file is a back-door of some kind then the person who put it there could have full access to your server.

I’m still testing and working out the kinks in my security scanner but it should be ready soon…


New features added to my Related Posts plugin now downloaded over 4,000 times!

Download my latest version (1.2.01.18) and you can customize the placement of the Menu Item. Plus, I’ve made the Tag and Category headings in the Tree View widget link to that Tag or Category. With over 4,000 downloads I’m finally starting to get some good feedback too. Keep it coming!


New “Tree View” options for the Widget

I added “Tree View” to the Widget options with the ability to show the Widget on pages with multiple Posts. This new option displays links to related post under a subheading for the Tag or Category that it is related by. It also features a multi layered loop that dynamically removed duplicate Post Links and auto balances the remaining link so the Widget shows a relatively equal amount of Post Links under each Tag or Category. So, download version 1.2.01.04 and use the Widget on pages that have multiple Posts.


Fixed The “Illegal mix of collations” Error In My TERRIBL WordPress Plugin

Well, I finally found a server that would reproduce the “Illegal mix of collations” error that MySQL troughs when executing some queries in my TERRIBL Plugin. See, I guess alot of servers use¬†latin1_swedish_ci as the default collation for their MySQL databases. This seems to cause an error in some queries, especially those that use foreign characters. So I have patched¬† my Plugin by explicitly setting all my database collations to utf8_general_ci. I also added an error handler that looks for this error in database table that may have been created by older versions of the Plugin and the new version will now fix the old tables using an “Alter Table” statement. So upgrade to version 1.1.12.21 now.


My TERRIBL Plugin Just Got Terribler

I released an update a couple of days ago with some more stats and another attempt to work around the whole Search String URL problem with Google’s new SSL Search. However, in the process of changing some field aliases in the database queries I inadvertently broke the Widget. So today I released another update to fix the Widget and it all seems to be working.

I really thought this Plugin has a lot of potential to be very popular but it still has less than 700 downloads and my other Plugin, Related Posts Links and Widget already has more than 2,600 downloads. Oh well, Maybe if I find a solution the the SSL Encrypted Search String issue it will be a great Search Engine Optimization Tool.